White Kaolin Clay is the softest of all clays, and least drying to the skin. So it’s a great ingredient to use if you have:
- Normal to Dry skin
- Sensitive skin
- Irritated skin
Rich in beneficial minerals, the clay works by adsorbing impurities, chemicals and toxins from the skin cells, by causing dead cells to slough off, and by stimulating the flow of blood to the epidermis.
White Kaolin Clay can be combined with a vegetable oil or/and a hydrosol to detox your skin:
- If you have dry skin, mix half a teaspoon of Jojoba oil with 2 teaspoons of Kaolin White clay, add water or rose hydrosol until obtaining a spreadable paste.
- If you have normal or sensitive skin, use Morrocan clay instead. Mix half a teaspoon of Jojoba oil with 2 teaspoons of Moroccan clay, add water or a hydrosol until obtaining a spreadable paste.
- If you have oily skin, use French Green clay instead. Mix half a teaspoon of Jojoba oil with 2 teaspoons of French Green clay, add water or lavender hydrosol until obtaining a spreadable paste.
Apply the mask once a week, avoiding eyes and lips areas.
Leave for 10 minutes and wash.
Apply a moisturising serum after.
- Click here for a natural, vegan and organic serum recipe that you can apply after your mask.
You can also combine white clay with honey:
- Click here for our “SOS dry mask recipe”, with White Kaolin clay and honey.
Do not use metal when making a recipe with clay.
If you have never used a facial clay mask before, we recommend a small test before continuing with full treatment.
The properties, indications and methods of use on this page are taken from reference books or websites in aromatherapy, hydrotherapy and phytotherapy. They are found regularly and for many confirmed by observations in a scientific environment. However, this information is given for information purposes and cannot in any way constitute medical information, nor engage our responsibility. For any use for therapeutic purposes, please consult a doctor.
Caroline crouzaud –
I like to use this clay for the “sos dry” mask, and it usually helps my skin clear up and calms it. My only concern is the price of the trial size jar. Otherwise great product!
Thank you so much for your honest feedback!
We are actually looking into options to reduce the price of the trial size product by changing the packaging. We do not wish to use plastic as it impacts the environment, but glass jars can be expensive. We’re hoping to be able to offer a better solution soon.
In the meantime, please remember that you can re-use the glass jar (after washing and sanitizing it) to store your clays or exfoliating powders, or even make a beautiful body balm 😉
Hope you are well 🙂 I just wanted to follow up on my last comment and let you know that, thanks to the support of more and more DIYers, we have been able to negotiate a better price with our Australian Supplier of glass jars, and so we’ve increased the quantity of clays and exfoliating powders in trial sizes, while keeping the same quality, reusable glass jars 😉
Thanks again for your feedback, and Happy DIY!!
I love this clay and use it as a daily cleanser on my face. It is super easy to use and makes my skin feel great.
I have also used the clay to make a face mask which was also incredibly easy as this clay is so easy to work with. I highly recommend it.