What in your kit?
- Empty aluminium tin for your new balm
- Safety and Essential Oil guidelines
What you’ll need at home
- a microwave or a double boiler (whatever you are using to melt chocolate)
- a kitchen scale or use one of our measuring scoops – easy and accurate.
Skill level: beginner
Time to make the balm: 30 minutes the first time… a lot less the second time!
Vegan & Organic DIY Body Balm
Dry hands, gardener’s hands
- Apply during the day every time you wash your hands
Dry skin (body)
- Apply morning and night on dry part of the body
- Lavender Essential Oil has excellent properties to help relieve muscle-pain and heal light burns. Apply and massage on affected areas.
Irritated nostrils (from using too many tissues!)
- Apply on dry, external parts of the nose morning and evening
- Apply on hands and smell the calming aroma of lavender before going to sleep.
- Apply on parts of the body that are prone to stretch marks
Babies & Children
- Moisturise and massage dry skin
- In case of eczema-prone skin, apply at each nappy change
- Quick tip: you’ll have some shea butter left after making your balm, and can use it on babies’ eczema-prone skin. Lily has been applying pure shea butter on her little Maia’s delicate skin since she was 4 months old, and Maia’s eczema has not come back.
Pregnant & breastfeeding women should make the balm without the essential oil. This also applies to babies and children. It will not decrease the moisturising properties of the balm.
This kit contains nut-derived products (jojoba oil and shea butter), and should not be used if you have topical nut allergies.
We do not recommend using products that contain shea butter on the face apart from the areas mentioned above as it is a very rich, moisturising product.
Expiry date: Use within 12 months
About the ingredients
Shea Butter* is a soothing, moisturising botanical butter that helps to nourish & repair dry skin.
Lavender Essential Oil* has stress-relieving benefits that calm anxiety and agitation.
Jojoba Oil* is full of antioxidants known to boost skin regeneration.
Candelilla Wax is a vegan wax obtained from an exotic plant.
*Denotes organic. All ingredients are vegan and not tested on animals.
Minimal Packaging: ingredients, instructions and empty containers are packed in our usual packing box, with other products you may have ordered. We use bbiodegradable paper wrap to protect the glass bottles until they reach you.
Gift Hamper Style: we pack everything in a beautiful black box, with wood wool to give it a gorgeous hamper style. We even add some flower petals! The box is then wrapped in country-style kraft paper with a paper twine bow. You can add a short message for your cherished one, we will handwrite it on a card and include it in the hamper.
Optional: add measuring scoops to measure your ingredients without a kitchen scale. The same scoops can be used for all the DIY beauty kits on our website so you only need to order them once.
How to use: simply check the quantities indicated in the recipe, pour your ingredients and level each scoop with a clean knife.
Click here to check frequent questions and contact us.