Tea tree is extracted from an Australian small tree similar to cypress called Melaleuca, and it is also one of the most popular essential oils for skin and hair care.
How to use Tea Tree Essential Oil on the face
Tea Tree Essential Oil is widely known to boost the immune system and fight infections. It is recommended for acne and eczema-prone skins.
To make a face serum:
- If you have dry skin, mix 2 drops of Tea Tree Essential Oil in 1 teaspoon of Argan Oil
- If you have normal or oily skin, mix 2 drops of Tea Tee Essential Oil in 1 teaspoon of Jojoba Oil
Store your serum in a clean, disinfected container away from the sunlight and heat.
How to use Tea Tree Essential Oil on the body
In aromatherapy, Tea Tree Essential Oil is used to stimulate and boost general mood.
Tea Tree Essential Oil is also used in lotions, oils and creams applied on itchy mosquito bites.
- You can make a beautiful massage or bath oil by mixing 4 drops of Tea Tree Essential Oil with 2 teaspoons of Almond Oil.
How to use Tea Tree Essential Oil on the hair
Add tea tree to our Natural Shampoo Base:
- add up to 15 drops in 100 mL
You can also add tea tree to a hair mask by mixing 5 drops of Tea Tree Essential Oil with:
- oily hair: 3 spoons of green clay, 1 spoon of Amla powder, 2 spoons of Neem powder, half a spoon of Argan oil.
- dry hair: 3 spoons of white clay, 3 spoons of Amla powder, half a spoon of Argan oil.
- normal hair: 3 spoons of rhassoul clay, 2 spoons of Amla powder, 1 spoon of Nettle powder, half a spoon of Argan oil.
Add water to make a paste, apply on hair and leave for 10 minutes to 1 hour. Remove with water and apply a gentle shampoo after.
Our Tea Tree Essential Oil is organic, steam distilled and pure.
Why do we only sell organic essential oils?
There are several serious studies that describe how pesticides can be found in essential oils.
Because our customers are passionate about avoiding non-natural chemicals, we only sell essential oils from plants that have been grown according to organic standards, without synthesized pesticides and fertilizers.
Pesticides also have a disastrous environmental impact (read more about it on our blog) and we believe that the word “beauty” is not just about appearances and looks. It encompasses kindness to our body, to our planet, and to others.
Never use an essential oil pure on the skin. Always dilute it with a vegetable oil (see above recipes). Do not ingest. Adult use only. Do not use if you are pregnant or breastfeeding unless supervised by your doctor.
Please read our essential oil guidelines for more information on how to use essential oils.
This product page contains links to research articles in case you’d like to read more about the ingredient’s beautiful properties.
These properties, indications and methods of use are also taken from reference books or websites in aromatherapy, hydrotherapy and phytotherapy. They are found regularly and for many confirmed by observations in a scientific environment. However, this information is given for information purposes and cannot in any way constitute medical information, nor engage our responsibility. For any use for therapeutic purposes, please consult a doctor.